Monday 30 July 2007

Magpie rhyme, Potter time !

Ah..funny as it may sound, not to rule out the possibility of having those who know me and this blog in splits, a confession needs to be made about the new activity undertaken this summer - running ! Ok, cut that smirk out ~ this lasts only while the summer does. Afterall a healthy mind leads to a healthy body and a healthy blog..now can you ever argue that ! Actually it even made me compete with Kamal Haasan for his last scene performance in Sadma(NO ! No monkey business here, was referring to the limp earnestly !)

Now that you have had your share of comic relief(at my expense), lets move ahead to the reason behind this post - So, there I go 'trying' to jog(and not pant much) along the small gravel path with the shimmering trimmed green grass unfolding on either side for miles yonder just like a new luscious green carpet dotted with irregularly spaced magnificent tress tempting one always to stop for a break before finally the path leads onto a lake where the two white swans lift their heads to give a rather wide grin or is it just me ! It was typically same sight that Friday evening too when I embarked on my usual routine except that halfway down something stops me dead in my tracks ~ on both sides of the sprawling lawn were 100's of crows, most of them seemed real solemn as if they are convened there to discuss/declare a state of emergency; to ponder over some prophecy which loomed ahead; a situation but imminent ! With showers forecast for the evening, the sky was such a mourning grey with heavy clouds hanging all around making it appear the descending darkness seemed for a reason..none of these magpies so much as move when I jog past them having snapped this initial sight in my mind's eye.. It did seem a scene straight outta Potter magic !! :o)

Hmmm, insofar as it can be witnessed, this is a rare event in the muggle world..the magpie rhyme counts no more than 10 ! :o) Time to peek into the crystal ball perhaps ??

No comments: