Sunday 12 August 2007

See what I see ??

The fleeting summer in this part of the world leaves a sun worshipper like me to assume expecting trying times to descend soon which obviously explains sunflower like attitude of gazing at the orange ball whenever wherever ! Ever felt the warmth of sunshine after being plagued by incessant rains which reinforce your belief that sun is really all those miles away from earth ?? Now that you are inside my mind, we continue..
Having found myself a window seat to comfortably settle in and gaze on way to work, I was drawn moth-like towards a source light ~ a spec of golden drop from the sky seemingly taking a cautious peek at the world spread below with all blues, greens, browns and more shades of hue which make it up. The scene struck kind of an irony having experienced days when this giant ball beat down mercilessly with pleasure much like the D(a)ork Lord ;) as compared to the shy Indian bride on a suhaag raat look being thrown from the skies today. That's not all.. the morning sky clouding around the sun seemed to cause refraction, making the rays diverge, springing a halo around the huge cloud, beams lighting up the horizon in a very mesmerizing reddish yellow.
As I continue to take in this scene, my mind's shutter working in conjunction with an USM lens.. er.. eyes, the train makes a sharp turn at a bend, the captivating scene disappearing as a result ! With a sigh, returning my eyes back to carriage I am pleasantly surprised to notice the face of a fellow passenger at far end of the carriage light up as if spellbound and bewitched by a scene outside the window, before returning to my morning 'paperwork' with a smile..
The excitement thus experienced not having faded, it is eagerly mentioned to a colleague at work. 'Crepuscular rays', he grunts before turning back to look at those lines of unintelligible code where it is believed a bug was resting causing havoc ! Trust science to explain my entire post in one tactlessly plain and brusque monosyllable(almost..).. little wonder poets have been rendered redundant in this era of science !!

1 comment:

Richa said...

Hahaha...I like your description of phenomenon better than the wikipedia. Far more poetic..it sketched the entire scene in front of me. Nice one..