Tuesday 16 October 2007

Sweet Nothings !

Some days am lucky enough to get away with just over 8.5 hours at work. On one such occassion, walking on the station platform with my colleagues, to strategically position ourselves where the last car generally stops, an anecdote was born !

Colleague 1 with concern: So where is SHE(name modified for convenience), it's about time the train approaches !
Colleague 2 lightly adds: Oh, SHE might not make it you know.. SHE prefers to stay back and leave only when her Manager does..
Colleague 3, eyebrows perfectly arched looks at me with a slight bit of gleam suggesting we-might-be-onto-something-here look !
ME, tries to stare straight ahead hardly suppressing the smile already playing around the corner of my lips
Colleague 3 now excited: So how long has this been going on ??
Colleague 1 shaken as if out of her reverie now stammers: Oh ! Uh.. I mean.. well.. actually thats not what I meant.. Er, SHE likes to um, stay back and leave after her Manager does so she can impress.. ah, NO ! She simply leaves only after her Manager does.
Hurriedly makes her way to the approaching train while we follow with a twinkle in our eyes..

Hey, did I tell I hate gossip and work politics.. I am the apolitical kind :p ! Now you are feigning that look of shock, aren't you ?? Well well, what do I have to say now except to borrow my good friend's quote from her blog -

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit


Tsk ! Tsk !

No comments: