Wednesday 21 November 2007

How REALly reel !

What is it with stars and movie premiers ?? Do they think their movie might not get the thrust until they contribute star power to impress upon us ?? If that's a yes, is the movie about them or does it actually tell a story ?? I always believed story was the protagonist and Director, the Hero.

So, it was self shocking to find myself part of the overwhelmingly John Abrahamic crowd, cheering even at his poster. Sometimes it is surprising what friends can make you do; just sometimes it is surprising what you do for your friends :o) !

One could sense the crowd's feverish pitch when such statements are overheard -
'Wonder if he would walk in holding hands with Bipasha..' - I am sure this chap wanted to see Bipasha not John !!
'I hope he wears a tight T-Shirt..makes him look so macho !!' - The child looked about 10yrs old..
'Will I be allowed to touch him, else what am I waiting so long for??' - Her two daughters now giggle..
An agonizing(only for ME) 1.5hrs of wait enjoyed by the crowd as a privilege, a clean shaved, gel smoothed security personnel who was taking his duty to protect John from us a tad seriously, cleared his throat to announce - 'John says he is extremely sorry to have kept you all waiting and he promises to be here in two or three minutes..' Yeah, like John is his childhood friend !! The excitement now reaches electrifying levels, as every gadget capable of capturing any kind of image is fished out and strategically positioned to do their job !

Ear splitting screams from the upper deck confirmed what I had suspected - they had a better view than we on the ground floor did ! John arrived, clad in a fitting white Tee, much to the delight of the 'child' whose face now assumed the pallor of the fortune telling lady with her magic crystal ball. Countless(has nothing to do with my Maths allergy) hands reached out to grasp his extended ones as the screams now reached deafening levels. I took a step back to survey the crowd and for a silly moment contemplated asking - 'Any idea who the Chief Of the Army Staff of our country is ??'.. but do we care Deepak Kapoor !

2 comments:

Richa said...

hehehe...and somehow I feel sorry for poor John Abraham. He can't even wear what he wants, have to touch all those hands even though he risk catching a flu/a viral infection everytime he does so, can't walk anyplace without being cheered/watched, have to have security people around him even on a foreign land and someone telling him what to do, when to do for every single minute of his day. What a miserable life he has...poor guy.

I would have had a camera on me too though...to take pictures of people going crazy. You can't catch those frenzied expressions on a human face that often. But then thats me...

name said...

Hey, thanks for taking time off to hear me crib thus !

2 things to say -

1. Where I am is no foreign land to him.. the pardesis are desis here :o)

2. Great thought - my expression is one of those you would have wanted to capture, so no point me looking out to capture that of an other.. :p