Friday 23 November 2007

Tempt Me ;) !

Fridays are tricky if you have pending work to attend to ! As the clock moves past 3.00 in the noon, it gets increasingly difficult to do what you are paid for - work ! I tried consoling myself - login from home clear the long To-Do's tomorrow..as if that would ever happen :o), tsk !

Further more, it has been interestingly noted, hunger always strikes when less work is done..though logically it does sound contradicting. Perhaps it's the nothing-else-better-to-do syndrome striking again ! As I contemplated if a trip to the vending machine was really required or it was possible I attend to some work instead, the unopened box of shortbread from my trip a week ago flashes upon the inward eye.. Oh no, not so soon ! One does feel guilty to such a treat, especially with the To-Do list growing from a just then arriving Customer request and the 'healthy diet only' resolution adopted but the previous day popping into mind.

A plan now formed causing a quick ping to be sent to a friendly colleague on the intranet communicator(ah, the luxury brought by technology !), 'Hey.. how about some shortbread ?? Just remembered having left a box on my desk.. fancy some ??' I now tell myself, 'if she says no it's NO to you as well ! Leave the box alone.' but my inner voice feebly protested..'..you have invited a person who skipped her b'fast and made a face about lunch served, she is but a victim !..' I straightened thinking more practice should be attempted to keep one's mind from faltering.

'These are hand baked..so have some more' - conscience prick was making one turn extra nice now. As, I turned back to my desktop with a big chunk in hand to chew, I realized having understood my own question in a better light !

Well, like a friend of mine used to quote Oscar Wilde - I can resist anything but temptation ! :o)

4 comments:

KP said...

nice post...:) As i mentioned earlier fridays are nothing but freeday.....i feel the same about food and inner voice......lol

Jaggu said...

Nice post...good work

name said...

KP ~ To elude is the best answer..and you are teaching me how-to ! :)

Jaggu ~ Welcome, thanks for dropping by..

commondude said...

hehehe....you are giving me too much credit than i deserve.....:)