Friday 11 January 2008

Day One.. part One.

Ah..don't you love to be on a vacation ?? The luxury of extra sleep, additional dream time, goodbye to cooking, forget those calories are all part of the pamper yourself package teaching you to spend rather than save.

Awaiting my gate information, I was happily tuning into the mp3 when I heard a voice, "Shivani ??"(yeah, obviously I changed the name).. I looked up from my reverie enquiringly at the Terminal 3 Security towering over me. "Indian ??", he continued shooting questions. "Yes, but am not Shivani", I answered thinking if ma had ever thought of such nice ones before calling me names officially :p !
TTS(Towering Terminal Security): Shivani lost her mobile..
Seems Hilary is losing the election. So ??
I stared at him, clueless at why am being fed such classified information.
TTS: Can you speak ??
Excuse me ! One of us is deaf, possibly more, definitely dumb..and it's not ME.
TTS: Can you speak ??
But this time he pointed to the mobile in his hand, driving home the message.
I nodded, "Uh, whom do you want me to speak to ??" Perhaps I should wear a Tee that announces, 'Stay away.. 1st day of vacation' perhaps ??
TTS: finally breaks away from his one liners but launches into rapid sentences.. You can call someone in India, her home. She has reported the mobile as lost and needs to be passed the message it can be collected from me here in Terminal 3.
He missed the point completely..am now sure about his score in History lessons. India does not speak ONE but atleast 22 languages and chances are I might blink and make anyone at Shivani's home blink too ! But khair ek hindustani hi dusre hindustani ke kaam aa sakta hai.. all around the world Indians speak one language - English. I reached out for the mobile.

Ah, caught your curiosity, did I ?? Watch this space for more guys..

No comments: