Saturday 12 January 2008

Day One.. part Two

Do you know to use a Motorola mobile ??
I must have started looking way beyond my years already or it was the way I dressed - better work on both ! Or simply, he was wearing wrong pair of glasses.
I nod in reply. Flipping open the Motorola V3, I dismiss the palm tree bathed in sunset screen saver to access address book.
Hello..??
I had found, zeroed in and dialled India-Home.
"Hi..uh, this is a call from er, Heathrow Terminal 3, I believe Shivani lost her mobile and am wondering if possibly there is someway we can reach thru to her. She can collect her mobile from the security over here.."
Voice at the other end: I am her sister here. She called to inform us about her lost mobile..she is waiting to board the 11.00AM flight to Los Angeles(uh, am possibly tampering with info here :p)..
I was unsure of what now. "Thanks, I will keep the official here informed and in the meantime if Shivani is to ring you back, do let her know her mobile is safe and can be collected.."
Earnestly, I relay entire conversation to TTS, who now scans the crowd expectantly but to my unease does not budge my side. Am now serious about the tee on my next vacation.
We heard the mobile in question ring, jolting us both. TTS hurriedly flips open the instrument, fumbles with the controls before finally speaking into it..
TTS: Hello..??
TTS: Yes, can you please collect it from me.. meet me inside Terminal 3..
His sense of humour, to me, takes the cake.. Terminal 3 spans 1000's of square feet, lined with many number of duty free shops, with innumerable passengers milling about shopping and waiting for Gate info on their respective flights. I had to intervene on compassion grounds..
"Hey, do you reckon mentioning the Dixons in Terminal 3 as your location could help her perhaps ??"
Could not help but strongly believe I have spoken out aloud to myself.
More minutes pass. I impatiently glance at the Gate information board, pocketing my mp3 - it had somehow lost it's appeal. TTS has not moved places at all, only shifted his legs.
Mobile rings once again but we are not jolted - I had half expected a dozen calls by then !
TTS: Hello.. yes, am still in Terminal 3. Please come and collect your mobile soon.
Looks like TTS is a person who stands by his word - metaphorically and actually too ! It takes all kinds of people to make the world and by now was glad am not Shivani but me !

We both need a break now - reliving such an experience takes courage, energy and a fridge raid ! Come back if you want more..

No comments: