Monday 21 January 2008

Not just the cat has nine lives !

Standing on the busy station platform crowded with the daily commuters, it was just another Monday to work.. The two white pigeons that dared defy rules cozily nestling against each other claiming their space on the railway track attracted all my attention. I veered a tad close to the platform edge, smile on my face, to have a better look. Call it instinct, call it sheer luck or call it an act of God.. something made me look up in time to notice the fast approaching train and I pulled back hurriedly as the train sped by.. At the precise moment when the last carriage passed me, the public announcement system blared, 'The train now approaching platform no.4 does not stop here, please stand well behind the edge of platform no.4..'
Can't help but think caution may or may not work but precaution will..

2 comments:

KP said...

..'Can't help but think caution may or may not work but precaution will..
lol.......true///gooe one......;)

name said...

KP: Hi, welcome back ! Yes, and I am glad to be around still :o) !