Thursday 31 January 2008

Heal the World !

Uh..been away a bit, haven't I ?? Blame it on dog days at work which a coolie grins and bears to receive some meager wage rewards. Afterall, there is more than one mouth to feed..

So this evening happens to be yet another one where the mind is thinking of those numerous lines of code which produced a simple result - error; the eyes peering out of the bus window yet not registering; the body crying out silently still hoping to be heard of it's disdain at having to sleep irregular hours on account of the mind not being able to fix the code. Predictably it's a Bridget Jone's mood !

As the bus pulled over at a stop and passengers alighted/disembarked on journies, my eyes wandered and fixed on a figure, slowly bringing the old lady into sharp focus. She was panting but still ain't no quitter. Carrying her shopping bags, half buckling under their weight, she hastened towards the bus with every ounce of energy her slender frame could muster. I could make out the lines on her face, her wrinkled skin and her desperation to not miss this bus - probably she had a reason to try so hard.

Just as she nearly made it to the bus, just as she came up to the big swinging doors and slightly lifted one leg to try and board, the driver slammed the doors shut. They looked at each other for a brief moment - stoic, stony glance versus an indignant yet pleading eyes. The bus moved on..leaving her behind.

I simply cannot understand people.. the indifference, uncompassion and the insensitivity the soul is capable of ! Probably I should give myself some rest, might wake up to see a world somehow better(am I to believe my own words ??) or atleast a resolution to something 'BUG'ging me..

No comments: