Friday 4 January 2008

Good ol' times !

Snoozing the alarm, a pair of groggy eyes flutter open trying to manually focus in the dark. 06.30AM. Pitch black windows. Ah, usual around this time of the year. Shrugging off the sheets, feet firmly on the ground, one goes about the morning routine in an ever so mechanical fashion. WHERE did the toothbrush disappear ?? Nevermind. WHAT happened to the comb ?? No worries. Grabbing the jacket with one hand and b'fast with the other, I next make haste to find my shoes which having worn is realized to be the wrong pair. White trainers never go well with black blazers. Stumbling onto the street, the crack of dawn is finally visible to the naked eye and so is the big Red Bus.. whoa, I almost forgot the timings ! Dashing down the road towards the bus stop with the chill wind blowing life into my senses, one awakens to be enlightened.. 'I am back.. it's all going to be normal..'

Apologies for my rude disappearance patrons.. with such insolence as not to leave behind a note informing my absence. Perhaps I was hoping secretly, there would still be traffic showing on my statcounter.. To confess, I took a break this festival season to Columbus only knows where in search of the Sun.. reality caught up with me somehow forcing me to find my way back but a settling in time is mandatory it seems.

Rukhavat ke liye khet hain but will soon come back to bug you all as always..

2 comments:

KP said...

appology accepted....

how did u like my fatherland?

where u the guest for richa?( i read her blog for visiting friend from england.....)

name said...

KP: Oh ! Now that's putting two and two together :). Yes, I was indeed visiting Richa !
US was lovely..and the Sunshine, just what I was yearning :o) !